Features & Instructions
MOUTH-TO-SNOUT RESCUE BREATHING can be performed by simply blowing into the nose. You will note that the chest rises due to a special airway equipped with a one way valve. A face shield should always be used and the nose can be cleaned with 70% ethyl alcohol or a water/bleach solution between students. It is highly recommended that each student use their own disposable face shield when blowing into the snout.
CHEST COMPRESSIONS Place CeePeR™ Dog on his right side. Find your compression site, place the heel of your hand there and begin compressions .
PULSE Simply connect the pulse tube to the connector that sticks out of the lower back. Start pumping to feel the realistic pulse on the left hind limb. The tubing was purposely made long to allow the instructor the opportunity to test students. (Pulse feature is not included on all CeePeR™ Dogs)
CeePeR™ Dog is carefully hand made and each unit is inspected before shipment. Your CeePeR™ Dog has arrived in a condition ready for use. All Rescue Critters! brand products are hand crafted and will vary slightly in appearance.
Brush the fur gently before each use to avoid matting. Be aware that a certain amount of shedding will occur. This is normal. Brush just enough to work out any matted areas on the fur. Also, brush away any fur that is caught in the Velcro. Fur in the Velcro will prevent it from securing properly. When closing Velcro, join all ends together until no Velcro is showing. Firmly press on the seam to secure closure.
Since many hands will be handling CeePeR™ Dog on a regular basis it is recommended that you periodically check for stains. For spot cleaning stains on the fur, simply lather the stained area with a small amount of soft soap or detergent and water. Using a sponge or cloth gently rub out the stain and rinse with cold water (be sure to completely rinse out soap). Brush gently while the fur is still wet and allow to air dry completely. To clean the entire fur piece begin by removing it entirely from the foam body and then sealing the Velcro seams. Hand wash with cold water using soft soap or detergent or place entire fur piece in the washer and wash in the gentle cycle. Brush gently while the fur is still wet and allow to air dry completely.
To change the lungs and clean the airway:
1) Un-Velcro the entire fur piece from the crotch to the chin and peel away the fur from the head & left front leg.
2) Open the Spandex jacket and slip off front left leg.
3) Disconnect the airway by removing the one-way valve from the adapter connection. Dispose of the lung, but do not throw away the adapter.
4.) You can now remove the nose tubing connected to the adapter
from the foam body.
5.) Soak the snout/tubing in a solution of ¼ cup b leach to 1
gallon water for a minimum of 10 minutes after each class. We
recommend soaking over night for best results. The color on
the nose may fade over repeated cleanings.
6.) Replace the unit along the recessed area in the foam body,
connect the adapter and connect a new lung to the other side
of the adapter.
7.) Replace fur and jacket and close all Velcro.
If you are having trouble with your CeePeR™Dog mannikin here are some areas to double check:
1) If the chest does not inflate, check the airway to make sure the one-way filter is properly seated on the airway tube. Make sure it has not ruptured and that it is properly connected. If air still does not go in check the elbow in the lung to make sure it has not kinked.
2) Through repeated use, the nose will slightly come away from the snout. Simply pushing it back in does not always work. If this occurs, first brush any fur out that might have gotten trapped in the nose Velcro. Then, open the fur flap at the lung and gently pull the tubing that is attached to the nose. This should secure the nose in place.
3) We have tried to make the simulated pulse on our mannikins as realistic as possible. Keep in mind that, as with a real dog, it may be difficult to locate the pulse point on the inside of the left hind leg. The student must search for the pulse as part of the training. (Artificial pulse feature is an additional purchase for the CeePeR™ Dog mannikin.