Set Up and Preparation
“Squeekums” set up and preparation is very simple:
1) Follow the manufacturer recommendations on preparing the simulated blood. We recommend mixing the simulated blood in a separate, sealable container, and refrigerating the unused portion.
2) Remove all items from the case.
3) Attach the IV Holder to the IV Pole. Then place the pole into the IV clamp. The clamp can then be attached to a tables edge for use. The IV holder will support two IV reservoir bags, during training.
4) Hang an IV reservoir bag onto the IV holder.
5) Attach the IV reservoir bag tube to the connector that sticks out of the lower right side of the lower belly.
6) Clamp closed (the clamp is attached to the IV reservoir bag tube).
7) Place “Squeekums” on a table, on his back or side.
8) Fill IV reservoir bag with the premixed simulated training blood, and seal by snapping the purple cap closed.
9) Release the clamp on the IV Bag Tube.
10) Insert needle in the caudal vein site and draw all the air from the tube. Once this is done the tubing is then “charged”.
11) “Squeekums” is now ready for training practice.
12) We recommend labeling the simulated training blood, as “artificial training blood-DO NOT USE”.
The following are some points to keep in mind:
1) “Squeekums” is a training device, and should never be used as a toy, or by children, for the purposes of play.
2) When carrying “Squeekums”, use the protective case provided.
3) Always handle “Squeekums” as if he is real. Never be rough or abuse him. Rats need love too.
Cleaning and Maintenance
“Squeekums” is carefully hand made, and each unit is inspected before shipment. Your “Squeekums” has arrived in a condition ready for use. All Rescue Critters! products are hand crafted ,and will vary slightly in appearance.
Brush the fur gently, before each use, to avoid matting. Be aware that a certain amount of “shedding” will occur. This is normal. Brush just enough to work out any matted areas on the fur.
Since many hands will be handling “Squeekums” on a regular basis, it is recommended that you periodically check for stains. For spot cleaning, such as stains on the fur, simply lather the area with a small amount of soft soap or detergent and water. Using a sponge or cloth, gently rub out the stain, and rinse with cold water (be sure to completely rinse out soap). Brush gently ,while the fur is still wet, and allow to air dry completely.
Your “Squeekums” mannikin should give you many years of service. In the event your unit fails as a result of workmanship, your unit comes with a 6 month limited warranty. Spare parts are available from Rescue Critters. If you have any questions or require additional parts or repairs call Rescue Critters, at 818-780-7860.